Silhouettes

Decorating By tannersmom Updated 24 Apr 2010 , 7:45pm by jammjenks

tannersmom Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 7

I have to make a cake in May for a friend and she wanted silhouettes around the cake of a karate guy doing an in-air kick. Has anyone seen this before or know where to buy a cutter from? I've searched the internet with no luck. I've seen cakes that have the silhouettes on them but not sure how they did them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephanie

6 replies
jammjenks Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 7

Google karate silhouette. Print them off and do the pin prick method on black fondant. Then cut out with an exacto knife. (If you can't find cutters)

I did this one that way:
LL

jammjenks Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 10:05pm
post #3 of 7

Oh, and if you do it the way I suggested, be sure to make a couple extra. I started out with five and two were sacrificed to the cake gods. thumbsdown.gif

step0nmi Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 7

you could also color some melted chocolate to be black and use a transparency to pipe the chocolate onto over your image and then peel them off. just like jammjenks said, you have to make a couple extra of these too :p

tannersmom Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 12:54am
post #5 of 7

Thanks! I had thought about that as well. I've printed them out just in case I can't find a cutter. Thanks for the help!
@ April, your cake looks great!

Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 12:57am
post #6 of 7

I did that with my Michael Jackson cake in my photos. I found the picture I wanted and cut the shape out. I laid the paper on top of my rolled fondant and used my exacto knife to cut the shape.

jammjenks Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 7:45pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannersmom

Thanks! I had thought about that as well. I've printed them out just in case I can't find a cutter. Thanks for the help!
@ April, your cake looks great!

aww, thank you. Some cakes are ho-hum, but I had fun with that one. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%