post #1 of 13

Um....yeah. So how exactly would I do this? icon_confused.gif

12 replies
Misdawn Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 13

No ideas I guess?

peanut13 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 13

You may want to check this forum on 3-D may give you some ideas. I have also seen several cake challenges on the Food Network Channel where they make the bottom half of the character out of cake and the top piece or the head of rice crispy treats or carve it out of Styrofoam. Also, I believe for every 4 inches of cake, there should be some sort of support so that the cake does not collapse.

Hope this helps.

LeckieAnne Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 13

I think that would be cute as a chocolate transfer, but you could do a gumpaste plaque and paint/color it with food markers?

I would make the main part of her as one piece, then make a separate bow, guitar, arm and hand and layer the pieces.

debbief Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 13

Or you can print the picture and cut it out in sections, i.e. head, feet, arms, legs, guitar, etc. Color your fondant or gumpaste in the different colors and roll it out. Then use the cut outs as templates to cut your pieces of fondant. Print the piece out as a whole and use that to make a gumpaste cutout and then glue each piece to that and stand it up. Does that make sense? Here's a pic of someting I did like that only I didn't stand it up.

anikahmae Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 11:39am
post #6 of 13

Sorry no ideas here. But would love to see your finished result. Good luck thumbs_up.gif

cabecakes Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 7:04pm
post #7 of 13

If you want it true 3-d you could do it in rice krispie treats. All you would have to do is sculpt each piece seperately and cover with buttercream and then cover with fondant. Join your pieces together using toothpicks and buttercream. If you just want it to stand up, you could use gumpaste and cut as debbief suggested and stand up using a sucker stick like I did for my hanna montana cake or the moon on my cow jumped over the moon cake (in my photos). I just secured the gumpaste to the sucker stick using a little buttercream. Not to sure about the fondant.

Texas_Rose Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 7:46pm
post #8 of 13

Hello Kitty is half head. Make a 2" tall body out of gumpaste and make a hole down the center and a larger hole for each arm, then let it dry. She's easy to make because she has no fingers and not much shape to her. Draw the clothes on with markers...doesn't have to be food color markers because no one is going to eat her. Make a little guitar...probably easiest to print out the outline of a guitar, shrunken down to size. Shape the head around a lollipop and stand it up in a piece of styrofoam to dry, draw on the eyes, nose and whiskers, then cut the stick to the right height and put the stick down the hole you made in the body. You can glue it with some melted white chocolate if you want to. Also glue the guitar onto the body with melted white chocolate. Make arms, use gum glue to stick them in the holes you made in the body and to glue the hands to the guitar, then let them dry.

Misdawn Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 11:45pm
post #9 of 13

ok so I kinda got started today. I think she's turning out ok so far... I'm just not a sculptor! LOL!

Misdawn Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 11:50pm
post #10 of 13

oops! forgot to post a pic!

debbief Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 3:30am
post #11 of 13

awww I like it icon_smile.gif Good job!

CakesIMake Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 3:40am
post #12 of 13

I was at Micheals yesterday & they had about a 3in marshmallow hello kitty stuck onto a lollipop stick. I thought about picking it up as a topper myself

Misdawn Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 4:00pm
post #13 of 13

oh i wish i had known that sooner!

Quote by @%username% on %date%