Mother's Day Cake!

Decorating By cawolina Updated 25 Apr 2010 , 12:17am by pat-a-cakes

cawolina Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 12

I need some help with my mothers day cake!
I am planning it right now but I cant figure out any flavors that goes with warm sunny weather.

I was going to make a chai tea cake with honey ginger frosting, but my mom said it is too winter-like... icon_sad.gif

Im gonna decorate it with daisies and ladybugs, so the flavor has to go with that....

Any ideas?

icon_smile.gif

11 replies
2SchnauzerLady Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 12

Lemon or any type of citrus goes well with warm weather.

Caths_Cakes Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 12

Lemon, Orange, Strawberry, Passionfruit, They all say summer to me icon_smile.gif

kimmi1963 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 12

I am trying to do a mom's day cake also. I am thinking of something along the lines of either lemon cake with berries or maybe orange cake with something (nothing is coming to me to go with the orange yet). Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

tiggerjo Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:09pm
post #5 of 12

I just did an orange cake with orange marmalade mixed with a little bc for the filling and vanilla bc frosting. It went over very well.

RobynLM Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:28pm
post #6 of 12

I just made a Lemonade Chiffon with Raspberry Filling cake for Easter. It was delicious and spoke "warm, sunny weather" to me. It's in the Cake Mix Dr. Returns book. thumbs_up.gif

hilberry1 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 3:01am
post #7 of 12

I recently had an orange cake with sour cherry filling and white chocolate gnache. it was fabulous!

My second thought would be lemon cake with either raspberry or strawberry filling (reminds me of berry lemonade).

luvlaugh Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 5:24am
post #8 of 12

I am making a mother's day cake as well. I was thinking something simple like a yellow cake with either lemon filling or vanilla pudding. I have done both before and they are both good. They are very basic though.

mama2_3 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 11:22pm
post #9 of 12

I agree with everyone else--citrus or strawberry. Has anyone ever done orange with chocolate? Those two flavors are really good together. Pioneer Woman website has an awesome yogurt marmalade cake that says summer to me everytime I make it. My dh who is a chocolate-covered-chocolate-with-a side-of-chocolate kind of guy, loves that cake!

cheatize Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 11:40pm
post #10 of 12

How about a Margarita cake or may something with coconut?

jewels710 Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 12:01am
post #11 of 12

I was thinking coconut cake too, maybe with a pineapple filling.
But I am drooling just reading this post!

pat-a-cakes Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 12:17am
post #12 of 12

How about FrenchVanilla Cake with raspberry and vanilla pudding filling and raspberry buttercream. I have also done coconut cake with banana cream filling and banana coconut frosting or Strawberry and chocolate cakes layered with chocolate fudge filling and strawberry frosting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%