Cake Board Coverings?

Decorating By ilovemylittleone Updated 23 Apr 2010 , 7:00pm by RobynLM

ilovemylittleone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilovemylittleone Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 5

Anyone ever used scrapbook 12 x 12 paper to cover a board? They have such cute ones at Hobby Lobby.

4 replies
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 5

I would assume the paper would not be food safe, so if you did, you'd have to then cover it with cellophane to protect the cake from the ink.

OR, you could take a small strip of it and trim the outside of the board with it, like a ribbon. After all, you're not really going to see that much of the design of the paper once the cake's on it.

rainyone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainyone Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 5

I do all the time. I often use 12x12 square wood boards or foam core then cover with a piece of 12x12 paper - cover with contact paper and I also use a cake cardboard the same size as the cake so the cake is actually not sitting directly on the paper/contact layer.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyone

I do all the time. I often use 12x12 square wood boards or foam core then cover with a piece of 12x12 paper - cover with contact paper and I also use a cake cardboard the same size as the cake so the cake is actually not sitting directly on the paper/contact layer.

That's a good idea, too. Never thought of that one. thumbs_up.gif

RobynLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobynLM Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:00pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyone

Ditto! Depending on the size of my cake, I'll do a board smaller than the 12x12 and just secure the excess underneath. I have covered some mine with saran wrap and (as pp said) place the cake on a same size cake board so when you cut it, you're not cutting the board/wrap.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%