How Would You Price This??

Decorating By poptart Updated 24 Apr 2010 , 2:14am by ladyonzlake

poptart Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 5

I will be making a wedding cake that consists of 4 tiers plus 4 sheet cakes. The cake will be embellished with white chocolate shells, fondant pearls, and RI coral. Also I will be doing a small 8" grooms cake made to look like a poker table. On top of that I will be doing 600 chocolate covered strawberries!! Oh and I will also be serving the cake.

With all that being said do you think I should just add it all up into one per serving price or should I give a seperate price for the grooms cake, strawberries, and serving cost?

Just trying to get some ideasicon_smile.gif

4 replies
all4cake Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 5

I would price them separately as they are separate items...
price for wedding cake
for groom's cake
for strawberries
for serving the cake

alvarezmom Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 5

I would price them seperately.

$XXX.XX Wedding cake
$XXX.XX Wedding cake decorations
$XXX.XX Sheet cake's
$XXX.XX Groom's cake
$XXX.XX CC Strawberries
$XXX.XX Serving cake

This would be the best way so you are not under pricing yourself. That is ALLOT of work! Congrats on getting a order that big!

leily Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 1:53am
post #4 of 5

I agree break it down as mentioned above. Expecially because if you give them a per/serving price overall then they may say ok, lets only do 3 tiers instead of 4 and 3 sheet cakes. Well i bet your strawberries and hourly rate to serve are higher so you would be loosing money then.

This way if they decide the price is over their budget they can look and see where they want to cut back.

ladyonzlake Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 2:14am
post #5 of 5

Yep, price them seperately....and that is one small poker table cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%