Whipped Cream Frosting

Decorating By krm52200 Updated 24 Apr 2010 , 12:33am by sweetlybaked

krm52200 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krm52200 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 4

I'm working on a semi-large cake which will be frosted entirely in fresh whipped cream. When working with whipped cream I usually frost and decorate and then deliver immediately but given the size of this thing I need to spread the work out. I'm wondering if anyone has frosted with whipped cream the day before and then refrigerated and if so, how does it hold up? I'm thinking if I can frost all the tiers today, refrigerate and then do the stacking and decorating tomorrow that would be ideal. If not, I will be getting up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to do a marathon frosting, stacking, decorating session!

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated, as always!

KRM

3 replies
sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 4

I've frozen cake with whipped frosting and it was just fine. The only thing, the color bleeds if you are using a darker on lighter design.

krm52200 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krm52200 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 4

thanks, for the reply. I'm not going to put any colors on it today. all that would be done tomorrow. what I'm really worried about is the cakes getting soggy or something from all the moisture in the whipped cream. does the cake hold up well? like I said, usually with whipped cream, I frost and deliver all in one day so i've never had it sit for more than a few hours.

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 12:33am
post #4 of 4

No, it doesn't get soggy at all. I've done it MANY times, and the only complaint I have is the color bleeding, but if you're not doing that, you're good to go!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%