Thought I'd Share This With You All.... Very Interesting!

Decorating By mvucic Updated 23 Apr 2010 , 7:12pm by online_annie

mvucic Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 4
3 replies
indydebi Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 4

I would want to see a complete video on disassembling and cutting the cake.

The reason? I cut a cake that I didn't make once. (I did the catering, not the cake.) THe cake came from a well-known local bakery (Ilene .. it wasn't yours! icon_wink.gif ) They had a great system that kept the cake together to make it easy for the BAKERY to deliver but in trying to take it apart and cut the dang thing, I was ready to throw it across the room!! I came to the conclusion that you need a full set of tools that included vice grips to work with this @*$&( thing! The plastic system ... .whatever it was .... was imprinted with "return to XYZ bakery" so this was made especially for them. I just kept thinking, "And I know what I'm doing! How does an aunt of the bride, who doesn't really know anything about cake cutting, deal with something like this?"

I refused to offer cake cutting services to any bride who bought a cake from this bakery ever again. It was total BS that a bride and/or her family would have to deal with something that didn't HAVE to be this freakin' complicated.

mvucic Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 4

I saw some videos on their website and youtube.com on how to disassemble, but I see you point... what a pain!

I like how sturdy it is though icon_smile.gif

online_annie Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 4

My first thoughts were...whatever...faux cake...big deal...then she cut the cake....I think my jaw is still sore from hitting the floor. I'm speechless. Wish I would have know about this earlier. I would have bought it just to use for my daughters 14th b-day party next week. What a great party trick that would make when presenting a cake...pretend to trip...flip it upside down and whoaaaa! lol, that would be great laugh....then...Who Wants Cake....ta--daaahhh!!! I do find this product interesting and will certainly look into the disassembly. I wonder if they can process a rush order? I'll have to head back to their site for more info. Thanks for sharing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%