Graham Craker Cake Recipe That Starts With A Mix?

Baking By amytracy1981 Updated 23 Apr 2010 , 7:24pm by amytracy1981

amytracy1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amytracy1981 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 2

I am trying to come up with a Graham cracker cake recipe that starts from a box mix. Anybody have any ideas? I was thinking of starting with the WASC recipe but using a yellow cake mix instead of white. Then I was going to add about a cup of graham cracker crumbs to it and a 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon. But if I add a cup of graham crackers (a dry ingredient) do I need to add any extra wet ingredients so it doesn't turn out dry? I was searching the net for a recipe and all the recipes either had nuts, coconut, or chocolate added in.
I want to make s mores cupcakes with a graham cracker cake, a marshmallow buttercream dipped in a chocolate ganache.
Oh one other question. Will the chocolate ganache harden up after it cools? I want to dip the frosted cupcakes in the chocolate and I would like to chocolate to be a hard shell, like on the dipped cones you get a Dairy Queen.

1 reply
amytracy1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amytracy1981 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:24pm
post #2 of 2

Ok, well I found a great scratch recipe online for Graham cracker cake. I also added a graham cracker crust bottom. They look really yummy, can't wait to frost and dip in chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%