Tried Searching, Can't Find This Specific Info About A Box

Baking By CharmingChelsea Updated 26 Apr 2010 , 3:22pm by luv2bake6

CharmingChelsea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharmingChelsea Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 12

I'm looking for small, clear, plastic boxes to put cookies in for wedding favors. I've seen people post pictures on Flickr with like 2 4 inch cookie inside each one, or 4 small cookies with some raffia (sp?)

Where or where can I find them? I need them for this weekend but I think that ain't happening. Still need them for the future though!

11 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 12

You could order them online but not by this weekend. Should have started looking a month ago icon_smile.gif

mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 12

Have you called/looked at any party stores or hobby stores in your area? I've even seen them at Target before

CharmingChelsea Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo2222

Have you called/looked at any party stores or hobby stores in your area? I've even seen them at Target before

Wow, Target? I'm there ALL the time and I've never seen them what section did you see them in? What state are you in?

I have called hobby lobby, michaels, arne's party warehouse, party city, no one seems to have them.

Can someone provide a link or store name where I can find them online?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 12

I have used the clear chinese take out boxes. Worked great at christmas time. I love papermart, prices are reasonable and fast shipping.

CharmingChelsea Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:25pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:

icon_redface.gif sorry I wasn't more clear in my post. I have searched on google and not quite found what I was looking for exactly. I haven't searched in depth as I should have.

I was just posting here hoping maybe someone who does this all the time has a favorite place (online) to buy the boxes I'm talking about. Or know a brick and mortar store that actually sells them. I understand that this was not the right route to take and will not ask again about where to buy products.

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 1:43am
post #8 of 12

www.clearbags.com

I have been looking for weeks for clear boxes. I know how you feel. Found this awesome site. They will even send you samples of boxes and a catalog. Just got mine yesterday. Im not sure exactly what size box you need but I got different boxes in size 4 1/2" x 5 7/8" .

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 5:02am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmingChelsea

I was just posting here hoping maybe someone who does this all the time has a favorite place (online) to buy the boxes I'm talking about. Or know a brick and mortar store that actually sells them. I understand that this was not the right route to take and will not ask again about where to buy products.

I'm not sure what you took offense to, but you shouldn't feel that you can't ask questions about where to buy things.

Someone usually comes along to help........

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 12:00pm
post #10 of 12

Dreme - This is fantastic! I was looking for clear plastic boxes myself and found them right here on the site you suggested:

http://www.clearbags.com/boxes/crystal-clear-boxes/greeting-card-boxes

CharmingChelsea - Perhaps this is what you are looking for?

Thanks again, Dreme!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif You may have helped up both out! thumbs_up.gif

Tiggy2 - Thank you also!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif That was a big help as well! icon_biggrin.gif I found the boxes I used to use for stationary that rather than being clear all the way through, are a bit more sturdy with a white base:

http://www.papermart.com/Product%20Pages/Product.aspx?GroupID=11322&SubGroupID=11323#11323

Thanks Ladies!

CharmingChelsea Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 9:24pm
post #11 of 12

Thanks so much ladies!

Those links were exactly what I was talking about. I didn't find any at a store in time for my event (a wedding show) so I just used treat bags.

I am ordering some of these asap so I'll be prepared.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 3:22pm
post #12 of 12

dreme, thank you so much for this site.

chelsea, glad it worked out for you in the end. I think that's the most frustrating thing in our business that we have to rely on online stores to carry these items. I too wish there was some physical store where i could find all my decorating and packaging needs.

tracy, out of curiosity, what do you use those boxes for? Cookie cards or something? It sounds really nice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%