Edible Images

Decorating By Erika513x2 Updated 25 Apr 2010 , 2:08am by icingimages

Erika513x2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erika513x2 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 11:53am
post #1 of 7

So I'm thinking about doing cakes with edible images but was wondering how does it work. I see the inks, frostin sheets, etc online but my questions is with the printer. Can you use one printer for printing both edible imgaes and everyday documents or do I have to purchase a printer for edible image use only?

Thank you

6 replies
dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 12:00pm
post #2 of 7

edible ink...edible printer... exclusive for that....

never use the same both regular paper work and/or regular pics....

u can contaminate the edible ink/sheets/ person eating it...

hth

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 12:02pm
post #3 of 7

You have to purchase a printer for edible ink only. I use Icing Images and they have a list of printers for their ink. Nice folks. Visit their website icingimages.com for more info.

Kopykake.com is another popular site for these products.

HTH

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 12:12pm
post #4 of 7

Only use a printer that will have edible ink. Kopykake sells them, however they recommend a Epson or Canon printers only.

I just purchased one. I am going to try it out next week....crossing my fingers...

Take care,

=)

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 7

Yes, you must have a seperate "edible" printer only. I recommend Canon for any printing other than a wide format. If you are looking to print up to 10.5x16.5" you would want to go Epson.

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 3:57pm
post #6 of 7

I used the edible images for the first time this weekend... and although I was skeptical at first.... I was pleasently surprised at how easy it is to use and how nice it make a cake look...

I used it for the sides of the cake and then did some fondant work on top and used the swag tip for the border... looked so adorable and the taste is not half bad either... so all in all... I will be using it again for sure...

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 2:08am
post #7 of 7

Printing edible pictures is so easy. It really is just printing a regular picture but on a printer that can use edible paper and edible ink. We have only just begun to tap the things that we can do with edible printing. I love putting it on SugarVeil. It makes it fabric like and designs are endles.s. Have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%