Hello, I'm New And Have A Couple Of Questions If I May?

Baking By liahgen Updated 26 Apr 2010 , 4:27pm by liahgen

liahgen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liahgen Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 8

hello all

A friend directed me here and I can see this becoming very addictive. icon_biggrin.gif

SO If I may, I would like to ask a question.

I am making cupcakes for a pamper eveing to be attended by about 175/200 people next week, and am just wondering as this is my first event, how many cupcakes should I bake?

also how many different flavours would you suggest for an event such as this, it will be all adults, mostly ladies.

Many thanks,

7 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 8

Are these minis, regular, or jumbo?

What other foods will be served?

Will alcoholic beverages be served?

liahgen Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 8

gosh, I don't actually know what other food is being served if anything? Good question, I will ask the organiser. She only emailed me today as the original lady pulled out due to child related sickness.

Also I don't know about alcohol either. (complete beginner emoticon)

Regular size, Ah a question I know the answer to. icon_smile.gif

thanks for response.

prterrell Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 8

Okay, well find out the other things as they will affect how many people will eat.

Generally, if other foods and/or alcohol is being served, 1 per person will be enough, but if the cuppies are the only thing being served and no alcoholic beverages I would provide 1.5 x the max # of expected guests.

HTH!

Oh, and welcome to CC!

liahgen Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 9:02pm
post #5 of 8

thank you I hadn't even thought of that.

Appreciate the welcome, I am British and live in Kent, this site is fab. icon_smile.gif

juststarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juststarted Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 9:59pm
post #6 of 8

For an adult gathering flavour wise offering 3 types: Vanilla, chocolate and lemon cupcake sounds safe and enough to me.

prterrell Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 6:03am
post #7 of 8

Oh, yes, I missed that part of the question. I'm not up on what flavors are popular on your side of the pond, but as the PP stated, van, choc, and lemon are pretty universally liked. If you want to fancy them up a bit, you could use raspberry buttercream on the lemon cuppies and coffee buttercream on the chocolate ones. I personally love chocolate on vanilla cake, but you might want to leave those vanilla on vanilla for those vanilla people (and also, so there's not 2 cuppies w/ some sort of chocolate).

liahgen Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:27pm
post #8 of 8

thank you for your replies, it seems there will be alcoholbut I am the only food stall. The others are treatment and stuff to buy. Men are not invited, tis a ladies pamper evening.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%