What Cake To Use?

Decorating By astone83 Updated 23 Apr 2010 , 4:19pm by astone83

astone83 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 5

I have a cake to do for a party Friday the 30th. It will be a full size dog wearing a team jersey sleeping next to a soccer patterned water bowl. The cakes I have thought of are a WASC and a flavored sponge cake, but I just found out that some of the people have allergies to nuts and raw eggs. The raw eggs aren't a problem.The cake will be ganache, buttercream, and fondant, chocolate pudding (the dog will be dirty), and piping gel icing. I am stumped on what cake to use for the carving though.

4 replies
DeeDelightful Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 5

Sugarshack has a durable cake recipe on her blog. It's on her website SugarEd Productions. I've also heard that the WASC variations are sturdy enough for carving and also it's best to freeze before carving.

cakesrock Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 3:09am
post #3 of 5

I always carve WASC cake and it stands up well! There is also a lb cake in recipes that works well and the Hershey's choc cake holds up well to carving too!

AnotherCreation Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 3:41am
post #4 of 5

The WASC won't effect a nut allergy....you can leave the almond flavoring out if your worried about that

astone83 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:19pm
post #5 of 5

What about the Madeira Cake from LYNSEYG? And can confection sugar sub for castor sugar?

Quote by @%username% on %date%