Topper Suggestions

Decorating By tinytammi Updated 22 Apr 2010 , 7:39pm by MrsPound

tinytammi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinytammi Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 2

Hello fellow cake artists! I am doing a wedding cake next month that will be 3 cakes (8", 10", & 12" rounds on the Wilton pedestal stand). Simple decoration - iced in white buttercream with black scrollwork & borders. The bride gave me a model car to use as a topper on one of the cakes. It's the size of a Matchbox car so it will look rather tiny by itself on the cake. On the other 2 cakes I'm doing a gumpaste license plate with the wedding date, and on the third cake a gumpaste road sign that says "Enjoy the Ride". I really want to make a background of some sort to place the small car on to make it stand out more. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 reply
MrsPound Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsPound Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 2

if they are moving into a new house- maybe a picture (done out of gumpaste- cause a 3d model might be to extensive) of it, just a good size so the car can sit out side of it... like in the "driveway"

Or a scale model/ picture again, of their favorite place, or where they got engaged at. Something that tells a story. I'm taking it that the car has some sort of value to them, like their dream car, or first car, or something that means something to them. So you could incorporate the story of their engagement if it fits it...

just an idea, maybe that opened the flood gates of ideas for you!!!

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%