Is This A Good Idea? Need New Ideas As Well.

Business By Dreme Updated 23 Apr 2010 , 9:54pm by marisanovy

Dreme Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 18

Should I network/market my bridal cookies to dress designers? I was just wondering if it was a good idea. If its appropriate. I think i have a pretty cool product.

I have been working on making cookies that look just like actual dresses or wedding cakes. I think that brides would like this and would want to have them for their wedding. Even better it would be nice if a dress designer was launching a new collection and wanted cookies that look like the collection for the event. I just launched my designs but I don't think I'm marketing them effectively.

How would I approach top designers without looking like some sort of solicitor. Is this even a good idea?

Any new ideas are welcome.

17 replies
tiggy2 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 18

You're cookies are beautiful! I say go for it, what have you got to lose?

Dreme Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 18

Thank you.

I want to. I just don't know what to say.

indydebi Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 18

"Looking for a unique way to market your dress designs? Try a custom made cookie to look like your custom made dresses!"

There is an article in this month's CC Magazine with some fabulous photos of cookies being used for invitations .... it's a great way to illustrate what can be done with cookies.

Dreme Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 18

Ooooo I like that. If you don't mind may I use it?

I need to get a subscription.

mamawrobin Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 18

I think you have a great idea thumbs_up.gif Your cookies are awesome.

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:09pm
post #7 of 18

I agree..Your cookies are very unique and beautiful!!! I would google and then send a blast email to several designer with pictures and see what happens..You know these designers are always looking for unique ways to show off their collections...and they always pay big dollars too so make sure you price them well also.

Dreme Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:23pm
post #8 of 18

Whoa, didn't think about pricing across the board. $10 here in NC, but not sure about everywhere else. $15 maybe?

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:26pm
post #9 of 18

I would say more than $15.00..Those cookies are stunning and from what I hear you plan to offer some unique packaging so you want to make sure you are making profit even after the packaging etc...You go Girl!!!

Dreme Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:30pm
post #10 of 18

Thanks!

The acrylic boxes didn't work out. Hard to find the sizes I need in my price range. I ordered samples of some clear plastic boxes. Gotta see how they do. Thinking of finding a design firm to do the packaging for me. I can design it, I just don't have time to do the printing myself. Plus ink costs alot, and I hate changing the cartridge.

cownsj Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:48pm
post #11 of 18

Absolutely! Go for it. You have a unique idea and a great design talent to go with it.

chelseak Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:49pm
post #12 of 18

Wow! I have to say, those are some amazing cookies! I think that idea is fantastic. Don't worry, once they see those cookies, all those fancy dress designers will be fighting over who gets you first!

cownsj Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:58pm
post #13 of 18

Well, I was actually going to tell you I didn't think it was a very good idea, and then want to steal it for myself. But since I don't have a prayer of ever doing cookies like that, I'll reiterate my first post and say you have to go for it...... icon_lol.gif

tiggy2 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 12:46am
post #14 of 18

Before you send thos photos out be sure to watermark them icon_smile.gif

cownsj Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:07am
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Before you send thos photos out be sure to watermark them icon_smile.gif

Excellent advice!

kimmerly1966 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 9:23pm
post #16 of 18

I sent you a PM but i would say YES YES YES!! Those are amazing and you are very talented..Send them a free cookie and a letter etc...Like at work i get pens with the companies name on them all the time, they want me to buy pens, same concept!! Once they see your cookies they will buy them!!

scionmom Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 9:34pm
post #17 of 18

Those are absolutely beautiful!!! Great work and good luck!!!

marisanovy Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 9:54pm
post #18 of 18

OMG! Your cookies are little work of arts! Like little jewels... Go for it! What have you to loose?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%