Sugar Tiles On Buttercream??

Decorating By Nytepyre Updated 22 Apr 2010 , 5:01pm by Nytepyre

Nytepyre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nytepyre Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 4

Hi fellow cakerators! I'm putting together a cake today/tomorrow and am starting to get the decorative bits together now. The decor is largely up to me, but the recipe MUST be the birthday girl's mother's Black Forrest Cake, and the icing is a rich buttercream. I wanted to try sugar tiles on the bottom teir, but I'm not sure about tiling them into the buttercream, as most people attach them to fondant with RI. Any suggestions? or should I just steer clear of them for another day?

3 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 4

you should be fine. You could use a dot of bc to hold it in place, or just don't let the bc crust and press them in while it's still wet.

kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 4

ooooh - definitely do it - and post a pic quick because i am fascinated with the sugar tiles!

Nytepyre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nytepyre Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks! I'm picking up the Isomalt on a trip into the district tonight. I'll post pics tomorrow night or Monday upon return from Philly. I hope it does work out. I also have to work in some chocolate interpretations of DNA strands and Proteins. Its a Biochemist Birthday! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%