Finally Bought A Beaterblade

Decorating By ShanB Updated 25 Apr 2010 , 12:35am by luv2bake4u

ShanB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShanB Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 12:18pm
post #1 of 19

what took me so long!
man that thing is great. I'm so forgetful of scraping the sides of my bowl until after I have started pouring stuff out. This is a great help!

And on a side note, I ordered it from Golda's kitchen on Monday, it was here on Wed! Awesome shipping!

18 replies
Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 12:31pm
post #2 of 19

Good to know, thanks I have been meaning to get two.

forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 12:43pm
post #3 of 19

I too have been thinking about one. So they're great, eh? I'd love to see a follow up in depth review on one.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 19

I like mine for mixing but when I make icing, it adds air back in. Have you tried it for icing? I'm wondering if I'm just getting impatient and not letting it work long enough. I make sugarshack's icing.

ShanB Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 19

I did use it for icing... I use indydebs icing and had no problem with it, I do tend to let the icings go for quite a while though...

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 4:00pm
post #6 of 19

I love mine, but only use it for cake mix. I broke it when using it for icing. I use the iron/medal one that came with my KA for all icings. I got a replacement cheap at Sur la Table if you have that store in your area.

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 4:09pm
post #7 of 19

LOVE my beaterblade. I never have to worry about sugar being stuck in the bottom.

It also cleans up like a breeze. If I am doing something really sticky I will sometimes give it a quick spray with PAM. It is a good trick.

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 8:20pm
post #8 of 19

I got one for Christmas and want another one (since I have 2 bowls for my KA)!! I use it for cakes and for buttercream - medium and thin consistency both. I use the Wilton class recipe and it works fine. I really love it and I just throw it in the dishwasher on the top rack to clean.

I did have to adjust the height on my KA when I got it and highly recommend doing that - there is a video (I think on YouTube) about using a dime in the bowl to adjust the height of your bowl - you just want to be able to move the dime around a little bit when you run the beater in an otherwise empty bowl.

Edit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edit Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 8:31pm
post #9 of 19

I use it too, only for batter, it does whip a lot of air into the icing (I also use Sugarshack's), but if air bubbles are not a question (like for cupcakes), it is great for the icing too. Did I mention I love i?

cvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvigil Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 8:57pm
post #10 of 19

Thanks for letting us know. I have been wondering about it for a while now. Guess I'll get one!

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 9:19pm
post #11 of 19

The Beater Blade actually will cream butter faster than the standard paddle attachment. Cooks Illustrated did a review on it and liked it a lot. That's what really sold me on it.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 9:44pm
post #12 of 19

We're ordering them through our cake club here in Orlando to take advantage of a large-purchase discount. Then we'll split the shipping costs. I checked out Golda's Kitchen and her prices are higher than ordering from the company.

Paul

forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:32pm
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Guys

We're ordering them through our cake club here in Orlando to take advantage of a large-purchase discount. Then we'll split the shipping costs. I checked out Golda's Kitchen and her prices are higher than ordering from the company.

Paul

I'm in Orlando. Which cake club? Maybe I'll have to get some through your club. icon_wink.gif

ShanB Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 11:56am
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Guys

Paul

maybe but since i'm in canada and Golda's is canadian prices and it costs a ton to have stuff shipped to me from the states, if the company will even do it, Golda's is pretty competitive price wise.

dess1023 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dess1023 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 12:15pm
post #15 of 19

where are you in canada and how much did shipping cost from Golda's kitchen?

ShanB Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:55pm
post #16 of 19

I"m in southern ontario, shipping was about $6 for the beater blade, a bunch of food colourings and some other gadgets.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 10:55am
post #17 of 19

Forthwife----Confectionery Artists Guild of Orlando (CAGO) is the Orlando-based cake club. We meet on the 2nd Monday of each month. First meeting is free. Business meeting followed by dessert and demonstration. More information at www.cago.us

Paul

dess1023 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dess1023 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 11:42am
post #18 of 19

Thanks ShanB

luv2bake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake4u Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 12:35am
post #19 of 19

I use to put my beater blades in the upper rack of the dishwasher but have cracked two of them. I now handwash them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%