Inspiration Needed For Sportsman Theme

Decorating By naubin Updated 26 Apr 2010 , 2:30pm by djs328

naubin Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 9:49am
post #1 of 6

I am doing a cake for my cousin's son and she is leaving it up to me to come up with something that includes his favorite things. That is great except, he loves ice fishing, fishing, deer hunting, turkey hunting, his honda four-wheeler, and his truck. I was thinking of taking each side of the cake and focusing on a sillouette of ice fishing, regular fishing, turkey hunting and deer hunting than on top do a outdoors theme for the truck and four-wheeler.

I forgot to mention this was going to be half-sheet sized. Does that sound too busy?

Suggestions please.
Thanks a bunch!! icon_confused.gificon_smile.gif

5 replies
bbmom Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:04am
post #2 of 6

That sounds really nice. If its a sheet will it be high enough? oe are you doing 2 layers? There is a really nice 3 tier safari theme cake with silhouettes, cant think of who did it, maybe I'll do a search. Have fun with it.

mama2_3 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 12:59pm
post #3 of 6

What about doing little trophy replicas. Since he is a hunter/ fisherman it won't be gross to him to have mini heads mounted on a cake. icon_smile.gif Maybe a 4-wheeler on top with a fishing pole, tackle box, and bucket. You could have the trophies mounted on plaques and placed around the sides of the cake . Make sure to post pics!

ddaigle Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 6

I just did a cake you might be interested in. I just uploaded it. In Louisiana it's called the Sportsman Fleur di Lis. It incorporates a cake for the deer hunter, duck hunter and fisherman. I added the customer's favorite hunting pattern as an edible image. I cut out a 12x12 and wasted a lot of cake because I could've used a qtr sheet for a small one. I'm doing a larger one in October and will use a half sheet.

naubin Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 6

Here is what I did...

Sorry I can't add it, I will post it to my photos.

djs328 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 6

I did a cake for a deer hunter a while could do something along those lines - do the camo pattern on the cake, and various items to represent the different sports...

Quote by @%username% on %date%