Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Baking By LovelyCreations Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 11:36pm by Sherry1030

LovelyCreations Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 6

How do I make these? I've read somewhere on CC to fill a cone about 2/3 way full and bake as normal...Is it just that simple icon_confused.gif ??? Do they bake up enough over the edge for decorating? Any help would be greatly appreciated! icon_redface.gif

5 replies
Smashme Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 6

i would love to know too, and what is the best way to bake them if you don't have one of the specialty pans?

mommynana Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:23pm
post #3 of 6

i have been making ice cream cupcakes since my daughter was 5 years old and she ust to bring them to school for her bday every year, she is 32 years old. amd still gets them every year, i always put the cone in a muffin pan cuz thats ll i had, and u no what. they allways came out just fine, u do just filll them 3/4 of the way, u might get one or 2 that the cone might brake or split but the most part they come fine

jenng1482 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 6

If your nervous about them falling over, you could ball up some foil around the cone and then put inside muffin tin

KHalstead Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:34pm
post #5 of 6

I bake them in a sheet cake pan, cover the top with heavy duty aluminum foil and then take a sharp knife and make an "x" every few inches and use that to stick the cones into, it will hold them nice and securely.

Also, for transporting I did the same thing with a shirt box, only ...i left the lid on and just put x's in the lid and slid the cones into the openings....then place that whole box inside a bigger brown package box with high sides for transporting.

Sherry1030 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:36pm
post #6 of 6

I make them in a mini muffin pan. Even without, they are bottom heavy and don't tip over as easily as you'd think! Depending on the batter, I fill them about 2/3 full - otherwise they could overflow and they'd be a mess.

Quote by @%username% on %date%