So Torn!!! Cricut Expressions Of Cricut Cake????

Decorating By blue123 Updated 8 Feb 2014 , 9:51pm by AshleyCF25

brooklyncaillouet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brooklyncaillouet Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 1:03pm
post #31 of 41

I just talked to Linda about the class. The 4 hour class gets you started and teaches you how to make your own designs. This is a must for cake decorators, we don't want to be tied down to the limited designs on the cartridges. The 2 day class is a certification class. It is for anyone who really wants to learn about all the electronic cutters and their applications to cake decorating. When finished with the class the student will be certified to teach classes using the cricut or any cutter. There was some talk going around about this awhile ago. Linda invented this method, she and Jeff are teachers and are qualified to teach and certify you in this method.

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 3:12pm
post #32 of 41

He didn't mention the 4 hour class....and that is what i think i was more looking for... just something to give you a taste of the machine...that makes more sence.... did Linda say how much and when? (I'm in NC)

Thanks

Ange1mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ange1mom Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 6:09pm
post #33 of 41

Linda and Jeff will be in Rocky Mount, NC June 10 and 11th. They will be teaching the 2 day certification class at that time.

If you are interested in the 4 hour beginner class, I will be able to teach it at a later date because I will be getting certified to teach her techniques in June. Let me know if I can be of assistance to you.
hugs,
Angie B in NC

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 9:29pm
post #34 of 41

Just go on youtube to watch videos, get information from other people who have used it, and practice. Certification for what? IMO that's unnecessary.

About the food safety issue, nothing touches the food medium when you put it through the expression, so that's not a huge issue. And the fact that you put paper through it isn't really a big deal, unless you never eat off of paper plates due to paper being non-foodsafe.

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 9:41pm
post #35 of 41

I have a brand new Cricut Expression that I never used. I really want the Cricut cake so if anyone is interested in taking it off my hands please PM me.

Ange1mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ange1mom Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 9:43pm
post #36 of 41

The certification is to become a certified TEACHER of Linda McClure's techniques. Think of Linda as the Donna Dewberry of cake decorating ;o)
Hugs,
Angie B in NC

costumeczar Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 10:05pm
post #37 of 41

Meh, I still think a certification is unnecssary.

Let me ask this for people who have the cake one, I have an expression and not the cake cricut. Is it true that the needle on the cake cricut doesn't have a depth adjustment dial on it? I did a demo at a DOS today on the expression (uh oh, I'm not certified to demo it, too bad) and someone said that their cake cricut didn't have the depth adjustment dial on the needle housing. That would be a strike against the cake cricut in my book, the needle depth is important.

brooklyncaillouet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brooklyncaillouet Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 6:25pm
post #38 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Let me ask this for people who have the cake one, I have an expression and not the cake . Is it true that the needle on the cake doesn't have a depth adjustment dial on it? I did a demo at a DOS today on the expression (uh oh, I'm not certified to demo it, too bad) and someone said that their cake didn't have the depth adjustment dial on the needle housing. That would be a strike against the cake in my book, the needle depth is important.

I will be attending the 2 day class because not only do I want to learn as much as I can about this technique, I would like to teach this where I live. I know that after a 2 day very intense course by the creator of this method I will have the knowledge necessary to teach beginning to advanced classes. I know there is more to this then putting some gum paste on a mat and cutting it out in a demo.

costumeczar Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 6:40pm
post #39 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyncaillouet

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Let me ask this for people who have the cake one, I have an expression and not the cake . Is it true that the needle on the cake doesn't have a depth adjustment dial on it? I did a demo at a DOS today on the expression (uh oh, I'm not certified to demo it, too bad) and someone said that their cake didn't have the depth adjustment dial on the needle housing. That would be a strike against the cake in my book, the needle depth is important.

I will be attending the 2 day class because not only do I want to learn as much as I can about this technique, I would like to teach this where I live. I know that after a 2 day very intense course by the creator of this method I will have the knowledge necessary to teach beginning to advanced classes. I know there is more to this then putting some gum paste on a mat and cutting it out in a demo.

Not really.

AlicesMadBatter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlicesMadBatter Posted 22 May 2013 , 5:21pm
post #40 of 41

There is a kit you can buy through Linda McClure that gives you a "cake blade" that is bigger and other cake cutting accessories in a kit for a Silhouette Cameo cutting machine. This lets you print ANY IMAGE OR FONT from your computer!!!!  Just a heads up ; )

http://*******************/catalog.html

AshleyCF25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AshleyCF25 Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 9:51pm
post #41 of 41

NO the cricut cake will not cut the things that the expression will the mats for cake machine are not designed to hold paper. I suppose if you get the cake you can have a separate set of tools blades and mats that you use for paper and another set for the cake supplies just make sure that the mat you use for paper is sprayed with adhesive. or you could probably get the same size mat for a regular machine to use. and always switch the set according to what you're using. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%