I Finally Have A Name For My Business!

Business By Dizzymaiden Updated 24 Apr 2010 , 3:40am by jolmk

Dizzymaiden Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 16

Ok - I can bake and I can garden. I like using organic, fresh local produce and items.

So today - I got littlefarmbaker.com website domain.

Now the hard part - logo, theme colors, photos, etc.

HELP!

15 replies
jenmat Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 16

super cute. Good for you.
Probably a soft green, cream, brown and orange for colors. Or maybe soft green, cream and pink.

rosiecast Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 16

Love the name

Dizzymaiden Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jentreu

super cute. Good for you.
Probably a soft green, cream, brown and orange for colors. Or maybe soft green, cream and pink.

I was thinking the same = green, cream and brown. I really like the idea of orange too.

Thanks, Amy

KHalstead Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 2:27pm
post #5 of 16

I think it would be really cute to do a tractor with a lady on it holding a cake up in the air! lol

Maybe even some rows in the background with cupcakes and cookies popping up

mamawrobin Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 16

I like the name icon_smile.gif

armywife1 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 5:01pm
post #7 of 16

That's really cute. I would like to come up with an original name as well, but not sure where to look to make sure the name I come up with isn't taken. Any suggestions on a website would be much appreciated! icon_smile.gif

Motta Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 9:24pm
post #8 of 16

It's a super cute name! Good luck with your business.

A word of caution: I've been told that it's a good idea to register your domain name with a couple of different spellings or possible misspellings. That way a copycat can't take some of your business by slightly changing the domain name to be similar but separate from yours. eg. littlefarmmaker.com or smallfarmbaker.com. That means registering more than one domain name just to protect yourself.

I don't know how often that kind of thing happens but I like to be on the safe side, myself. Anyways, great name!

JulieMN Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 11:15pm
post #9 of 16

I like the name--unique and descriptive! icon_smile.gif

GeordieMum Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 2:22am
post #10 of 16

I like your name also - very cute!

All the best for your new start-up!

Dizzymaiden Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 12:55pm
post #11 of 16

thanks everyone. I told my DH last night and he was not wild about the name, said it was too boring. He thought Amy's Amazing Cakes...really?? LOL

I wanted something I could grow with. I might not want to only do cakes and cookies - I like pies!

jessielou Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:01pm
post #12 of 16

I like it!! And i LOVE khalsteads logo idea! So cute!!! Definitely stick with the earthy colors. Cant wait to see what you come up with icon_smile.gif

Chasey Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:54pm
post #13 of 16

I think it's super cute and if your logo can reflect a girlie and organic feel, perfect!

Can you register .net and .com?

Dizzymaiden Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 3:37pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasey

I think it's super cute and if your logo can reflect a girlie and organic feel, perfect!

Yes - I got my domain name littlefarmbaker.com for one year.

Earthy colors will be the best, but I want to make sure they look fresh and appealing too.

Chasey Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 3:39pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzymaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasey

Yes - I got my domain name littlefarmbaker.com for one year.

What about littlefarmbaker.net?

jolmk Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 3:40am
post #16 of 16

I like it, good luck with your business. I gave out fliers at my kids school when I first started and I have cakes, pies, bars, scones, all kinds of things, plus I even put on there that if they didn't see what they were looking for to give me a call. The only thing I don't do is cut out decorated cookies too time consuming and they require a lot of space.

Jo

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%