Pricing For Cheesecakes? Please Help :>)

Decorating By DreamMaker2 Updated 22 Apr 2010 , 1:43am by Sweet_Guys

DreamMaker2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamMaker2 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 5

First of all, I've searched the forum for what seems like hours to find this information, but to no avail, I've come up empty-handed thus far. I have a wedding cake order for June - and now the bride would like to order 3 specialty cheesecakes for the groom's table. (Chocolate Truffle, Peanut Butter Cup, & Turtle). She wants them to be 10" cakes. There will be 125-150 guests. Would any of you please be so kind as to share your knowlege and expertise on pricing for the cheescakes? (Per serving? or Per cheesecake?) I'm capable of making them, but I've never had orders for cheesecakes before - I'm stumped!

Thank you in advance for your input and help icon_biggrin.gif
Cheley

4 replies
katiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katiecake Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 5

would 3x the ingredients work?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 5

I would figure out how much they are going to cost because they are pretty pricey there, and then figure out how many hours you will spend mixing, baking and so on, and how much your time is worth, then factor in some profit.

DreamMaker2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamMaker2 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 12:05am
post #4 of 5

Thanks Katie & TexasSugar - I really appreciate your input. And I agree with you TS - they really ARE pricey to make. I don't think many people realize the cost of making cheesecakes from scratch.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 1:43am
post #5 of 5

We used to make cheesecakes for a bar in downtown Orlando. We charged $30 for a plain cheesecake, $36 for chocolate or fruit or pumpkin cheesecakes, and $42 for enhanced chocolate-type cheesecakes like the ones you described. He was able to get a 12-cut each time and charged $5.95 for dessert.

Paul

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%