Help With My Epson Printer

Decorating By beccab456 Updated 24 Apr 2010 , 3:57pm by icingimages

beccab456 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 9

I have purchased an Epson Printer to use with my frosting sheets and was able to print a few times, now it won't recognize my cartridges or it shows them as empty. I use it sporadically does the ink dry up? I am frustrated and don't want to pay another 70.00 for cartridges when I can still see ink in these. icon_sad.gif

8 replies
icer101 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 9

just went thru the same thing. but don,t use mine so much. got new ink refill. wouldn,t work . got my icing sheets from kopykake. so called guy there named milton, he walked me right thru what i had to do. which was clean the heads. if that is what you say. i had to put back the reg. cartridges just like the edible ink cartridges. and do what the printer told me. to do. ever where you got your icing sheets, call them. or you might know more than i about computers. mine is printing great again. it may say not recognizing ink, etc. you just click next or whatever until it does. you have to take out each color of the old or new ink cartridges and shake them also. just try that first. before you call. again, if it has been setting for awhile , you might have to clean.hth

pattigunter Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 9

I too am having problems wiht my Epson printer. It worked great the first time I used it -- and hasnt worked right since. It prints everything green.

icer101 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:18pm
post #4 of 9

i have had my epson nx400 for about 1 1/2 - 2 yrs. love it. has worked each time i needed it. sits more that i use it. that is why i had to clean it this time and then i worked great again. there is c/cer on here. i think her usename is photofrost. she helps a lot of people. search for the thread on edible printers and you will get a lot of help there also. again, if you deal with kopykake. milton is the man to call. my ink was low or out. and i hadn,t used it for a bit. so i had to go thru the process of cleaning . an now it works like a charm again. different people have different brands. you have to clean them at times. too. especially if you don,t use them alot. be sure your ink is enough in it also. i got the epsonnx400 because on the thread . lots of people liked theirs.

icingimages Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 9:12pm
post #5 of 9
Originally Posted by icer101

i had to put back the reg. cartridges just like the edible ink cartridges. and do what the printer told me. to do. hth

You put your regular non edibles back in?

I only work with one epson, but epsons like to tell you what to do! So, if it is similar to the workforce, go in to your printer maitenance and tell it you want to change your cartridges. Pretend like you are! Let it tell you what to do, but intead of changing them, take out your edibles and put them back in.

now, I dont know what brand you are using, but the epson counts the number of prints so when you exceed what it is epecting to print, it will say it does not recognize the cartridges. That is why it did that.

I hope this helped.

beccab456 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 6:45am
post #6 of 9

Thank you guys for your help I will try your suggestions. I bought my inks and frosting sheets from Kopykake so maybe I will call them. Thank you again for the help.

icingimages Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:59am
post #7 of 9

If you dont find help at KK, pm me and I will see what I can find out

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 1:47pm
post #8 of 9

Had the same problem. Put the regular ink cartridges back in and run a couple test prints. Then put your edibles back in and run a print throught it to make sure all the regular ink is gone. They say that epsons don't have an ink well, so it won't hold any of the regular ink, but I always run a test anyway just to make sure.

icingimages Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 3:57pm
post #9 of 9

I would strongly advised not ever putting regular ink in a printer. There are areas that cannot be cleaned well and it will make your printer not food safe anymore. Ink gets in rollers and other places that cannot be cleaned well. My guess is following the directions I had listed above will take care of the problem for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%