This Scammer Is At It Again

Decorating By SPCC Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 9:07pm by dalis4joe

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 8

Thu, April 15, 2010 7:08:21 AMBuisness Proposal
To:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Complement of the day,

I have a buisness proposal for you,contact me on
(mod edited) for more details.

Kind Regards,
Mr.Song Lile.

7 replies
TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 8

Perhaps this knucklehead should "proof read" what they write, totally misspelled words.
That would have tipped me off....

I had something similar happen last week...... Oh, how quick I hit the "delete" button.......

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 8

I get these every day. I also win the Microsoft lottery every day, and the Irish and Canadian lottery about once a week icon_biggrin.gif

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 8

i actually got a $150,000.00 check in the mail from one of those scams one time. Thankfully I had enough sense not to cash it! I faxed a copy of it to the local FBI office along with a copy of the envelope that it came in.

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChRiStY_71

i actually got a $150,000.00 check in the mail from one of those scams one time. Thankfully I had enough sense not to cash it! I faxed a copy of it to the local FBI office along with a copy of the envelope that it came in.

I wonder if they actually thought you would cash a check for 150,000 dollars?

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 8:45pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChRiStY_71

I got a $3,500.00 check in the mail from one of these scams. Do they actually believe that people will cash these checks? I called the credit union that the check was written on and they ask me to send them a copy of the cashiers check and the letter.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 8:51pm
post #7 of 8

Sad to say, many people do cash them and then go on shopping sprees with the $$ and once the check bounces they're in a load of trouble..

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 9:07pm
post #8 of 8

I worked in banking for 10+ years.... and people DO come in with those checks to TRY & cash them... we used to get quarterly trainings on current check scams.... it's sad but most of the time... the people that get taken are the elderly... I have seen it many times...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%