Lustre Spray...on Bc???

Decorating By jewels710 Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 8:30pm by poohsmomma

jewels710 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 7

Just bought my first can of Pearl Lustre Spray to try out.
I was planning on using this on BC...that's okay right?

6 replies
cohen1 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 7

yes, I have used the gold luster spray on a buttercream helmet. Just make even sprays and start your spray to the side not directly on the buttercream as the pressure could make a hole/divet.

langranny Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 7

I've used pearl airbrush spray on my BC cakes and they look lovely.

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 7

Thanh Thanh used to do this for all her cakes. I can't find her anymore though. I think I'll just try googling.

May I ask where you got your can of Lustre Spray? Was is online? The only cake store I have in my area is Michael's and JoAnn's. I know, they're not really cake stores, but they're all I have to work with now. I've been wanting to try lustre spray because I absolutely love the way it makes the cakes look! Gives them that little something extra.

Ivy383 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 4:07pm
post #5 of 7

I have never seen it at my local Michael's or ACMoore. You can purchase it online here http://www.cakesbysam.com/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=22261&category_id=287 icon_biggrin.gif

jewels710 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 4:51pm
post #6 of 7

I got mine online at countrykitchensa
They have several different colors.
For the pearl color they had two different brands $8 something & $10 something. I chose the $10 one because that was the exact brand I was told about.
Being new to it, I bought what I'd heard of, but even the description of it sounded better to me anyhow. LOL

I can't wait to try it.
I am doing a communion cake next weekend so maybe then.

poohsmomma Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 8:30pm
post #7 of 7

I used it on a buttercream cake last summer. It adds a lovely sheen, but, IMO, it accentuates any flaws in the buttercream. And my bc had some flaws!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%