Has Anyone Tried A Circut Spongebob/other Lic. Img Cartridg

Decorating By foxymomma521 Updated 27 Apr 2010 , 3:30pm by jatis

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 17

My son wants a spongebob cake for his birthday and I just noticed that circut makes some licensed character cartridges. Has anyone tried cutting those intricate designs with their circut? I don't want to buy it if I can't use it. I just got my circuit cake this week and haven't used it yet. Also, if I buy make the cut can I cut similar images? I just want to know my options, and with 4 kids I think I will be making lots of character cakes
icon_smile.gif
I tried searching for these answers and nothing came up. Sorry if this has been asked already thumbs_up.gif

16 replies
foxymomma521 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 10:01pm
post #2 of 17

Anyone?

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 17

Someone has cut scooby for a cake with their cricut. You can probably search for it.

jatis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jatis Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 17

Yes you can, I just did my first try today. It took me like almost 2 hours to figure it out, the Cricut Cake is my first Cricut ever. I think Oscar the Grouch came out pretty good icon_biggrin.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 5:03pm
post #5 of 17

You can cut anything you can get onto your computer with Make The Cut.

foxymomma521 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 5:53pm
post #6 of 17

thanks guys! Oscar ROCKS! So its smarter to buy MTC than the licensed cartridges?

foxymomma521 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 5:55pm
post #7 of 17

lol- I just noticed my post is spelled wrong! The stupid auto correct on my ipad sucks sometimes!

ctinaw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctinaw Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 6:21pm
post #8 of 17

Jatis - could you please let me know what medium you're using there and what brand? I'm having difficulty getting a clean cut with my CC so I'm looking for any tips I can get. Thanks so much - your Oscar looks great!

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 6:26pm
post #9 of 17

Wow !!!!

Love how Oscar came out. Good Job !!!!!

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 6:31pm
post #10 of 17

Oh that's just too cool... I can't wait to try one! Gotta go spend more money on more cartridges though lol

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:07am
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatis

Yes you can, I just did my first try today. It took me like almost 2 hours to figure it out, the Cake is my first ever. I think Oscar the Grouch came out pretty good icon_biggrin.gif

Oscar is awesome~! I know nothing about this machine icon_confused.gif , but could you please tell me; Is it all in one piece? How did you get the colors on it? thanks...... icon_biggrin.gif

jatis Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:29pm
post #12 of 17

Thank ladies icon_smile.gif

I used Wilton White Fondant except the the Black is Satin Ice. Im having better luck with Wilton, I dont have tylose but I order some already to see it I will have better luck with Satin Ice.

Designs like this are like puzzles, you need to color the fondant with all the colors you will need. I have 3 mats so that made it a little easier. The machine will let you choose the layers you want to cut separately. I didnt know how big it was going to be so I put like 2 color in one mat.

Here is how I been working with my fondant, Im not a profeccional like you guys, but hopefully my tips will help.

1. to roll the fondant on my counter not on the Cricut mat, Fondant has to be as thin as you can get it (I was able to see the lines thru)
2. put Crisco with a pastry brush on the mat and transfer the fondant
3. Cut the fondant to fit the mat area, other wise it will get stuck in the rollers, let it rest at leat 15 minutes
4. After that, load it to the CC and cut your design, Im using high speed and medium pressure
5. When you are done cutting let it rest again a few minutes and removed the excess and you are done icon_smile.gif

I havent try the frosting sheets, I didnt even open them. I want it to try the stuff I can afford or do my self. Sorry for any grammar, English is my second language.

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:40pm
post #13 of 17

Jatis, thanks for your clear instructions. Your Oscar came out so well.Hope I can do as well when my cricut arrives next month.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:44pm
post #14 of 17

Jatis.... your instruction/explanations are wonderful... Thank you very much.. icon_biggrin.gif

foxymomma521 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 7:52pm
post #15 of 17

thanks so much!

makyta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makyta Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 10:05pm
post #16 of 17

Thanks for your explanations Jatis.....

jatis Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 3:30pm
post #17 of 17

You're welcome icon_biggrin.gif