Help!wedding Cake Transport?

Decorating By happycake99 Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 6:53pm by tiggy2

happycake99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
happycake99 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 5

I am delivering a 5 tier, stacked wedding cake 2hrs away. I've planned to stack it on site. I have heard of transporting it already assembled, in a large box with lid, is this possible??? I am concerned about not being able to see the "finished" look until the day of... Any thoughts?? icon_smile.gif

4 replies
mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 5

You may have heard of the Cake Safe http://www.cakesafe.com/ which is pretty pricey, but seems to work.

Maybe you could make something similar yourself, otherwise you might consider splitting up the cake into two sections and that way you would only have to stack the two halves on-site and still have a pretty good idea of the finished looked beforehand.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 5

You can also use the SPS system. There is a stick at the top of the "How Do I" forum.

happycake99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
happycake99 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks, WOW the cake safe looks awesome but PRICEY! and I don't really understand how the SPS is different than just using separator plates??? Tiggy2- have you used this before??

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 5

This is the only system a lot of people use. It has a little nub or spike in the center of each plate that the cake board above (with a hole in it) sits on to keep it from sliding. If you pm leahs she can tell you every thing there is to know about it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%