Cake Packaging And Delivery

Decorating By nikemajek Updated 22 Apr 2010 , 1:19pm by minicuppie

nikemajek Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:32am
post #1 of 4

Can anyone pls suggest the best way to deliver cold cakes such as Cheesecakes and Tiramisu to customers. And also how to presentably package apple crumbles and pineapple upside down cakes. Thanks icon_smile.gif

3 replies
minicuppie Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 4

One of the lightweight canvas coolers with some ice packs will keep your cold products at a safe temp while delivering. Mention to your customer that these things are very sensitive to temp fluctuations and you expect them to also store it properly until it is consumed. All of my cakes are presented on sturdy food safe cardboard bases and enclosed in the appropriate size food safe bakery boxes. I will use the ones from a craft store in a pinch, but prefer to order heavier, grease proof boxes from an actual paper supply vendor.

nikemajek Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you very much for your response. thumbs_up.gif

I am delivering 7 cheesecakes this weekend and must say that I'm very nervous about keeping them all chilled. It is tricky enough trying to fit them all into my car let alone keep them cool. One or two might fit in my cooler but 7 is a big challenge. Anymore thoughts please
Nike icon_smile.gif

minicuppie Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 1:19pm
post #4 of 4

Brown paper bags are also good insulators. Place one per (doubled) bag with a couple of the reuseable ice packs. Close tightly and deliver them first. You will still run the risk of your product dropping temp and sweating, and your customer may wonder why they have to follow food safety rules while you do not. Watch the Sunday papers for sales on the reuseable coolers so you will be prepared for the next time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%