Real Butter B/c For Warm Temps. Help

Baking By CupCake_Caitlin Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 12:34pm by minicuppie

CupCake_Caitlin Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 4:27am
post #1 of 2

I am in Australia,
Dont have Shortening, nor Crisco

I need a Buttercream recipe that YOU have tried and felt it survived the time in warm tempretures.
Its freezing here at the moment, but I know at the venue it would be warm inside, so I dont want the icing to melt off my cuppies.

It needs to be a nice fluffy recipe, but if you strongly suggest it not to be fluffy (ok)

I dont have measurements but my ingredients are:

Icing Sugar
Butter
Milk
food colouring

thats it... and I'm going to Pipe a big swirl on the top of each cuppie

would this work? as I have had problems where I've made the mixture so thick but it actually melted on me... it was so thick I couldnt even pipe it out!! But it still melted, yes it was hot in the room, I just dont want it happening again.

Would it make any difference if I was to refrigerate straight after I iced, but if they are gona melt they will whether or not i refrigerate!?

any suggestions, I would really appreciate!! THANK YOU

1 reply
minicuppie Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 2

There are some recipes out there that have a bit of flour (cooked) in them. Have never made it, but thought it would be good for warmer temps. Solid veg shortening or super-duper pure lard (and of course your hi density shortenings) are really the only trustworthy fats for hot temps. Ask the bakeries in your area what they use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%