Anyone Use This Recipe Here?

Decorating By TickleMySweetTooth Updated 22 Apr 2010 , 5:17am by kizrash

TickleMySweetTooth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TickleMySweetTooth Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 2:57am
post #1 of 7

Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone here has used this recipe?

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/823/creamy-buttercream-frosting

It has no crisco, just butter & cream..
was wondering how you liked if you made?
Pics??

I'm looking for a recipe that tastes good and I would like to use 100% butter. I think I want to get ride of the crisco. I don't plan on making cakes, just cupcakes.. so butter should be fine.

Thanks!!

6 replies
kizrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kizrash Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:38am
post #2 of 7

I'm in U.K where we don't have crisco, all our buttercream is made with butter/margarine and ps. HTH

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 7

i'm not sure it would crust, i have one i got from a pastry chef that use's parkay margarine, when i want it to not crust i use butter, oh shoot it had crisco, in case any one want's it 1 cup crisco, 1 stick parkay, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 1 lb of con sugar it's not super sweet. just wondering is, there something you use as a grease but just not called crisco, i notice a lot of people in Europe say they don't have it. most thing's fried are in liquid, but it seems their should be something in a solid that might be the same, maybe if we sent you the ingredients that are in crisco that would be the same of something you have there

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 7

sorry i read your post wrong, senior moment again lol

TickleMySweetTooth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TickleMySweetTooth Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 4:59am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizrash

I'm in U.K where we don't have crisco, all our buttercream is made with butter/margarine and ps. HTH

Would this recipe be similar to the one you use?

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 5:12am
post #6 of 7

Candice. Crisco is just white vegetable shortening. Crisco is just a trade name. icon_smile.gif

kizrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kizrash Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 5:17am
post #7 of 7

yes most definitely, I make mine with butter/margarine PS and a little cream, but since finding Indydebi's recipe I now also add the dream whip or as we know it dream topping. All my cakes in my photo album are frosted with this recipe and taste so nice. HTH and good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%