Camo Fondant

Decorating By allisonlalla Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 12:36pm by twistedsplinters

allisonlalla Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 2:05am
post #1 of 4

I am trying to create camo fondant for a cake. Any suggestions on how to go about this? It won't be used to cover a whole cake but to create drapes down the cake.

3 replies
Kitagrl Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 2:21am
post #2 of 4

I would probably, personally, cut odd shapes of the camo colors and then piece them together (like a puzzle) with slightly damp edges so they stick to each other...and then rolling pin right over all of them until they turn into one big piece for you to drape.

Lee15 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:53am
post #3 of 4

Go to Sharon Zambito's blog, she has directions. I think it was yesterday or the day before that she answered this same question, so just search the forum.

twistedsplinters Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:36pm
post #4 of 4

I just did the camo fondant last wk"deercake in my album" , the majority of the fondant i colored green, then smaller pieces i colored seperately darker green, brown, darker brown then a black, rolled out the large green fondant portion out slightly , put little dots and lines of the other colors on the fondant and rolled it out the rest of the way turned out really good but you really only got one shot to do it no do overs unless you use a new batch of fondant icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%