Attention Wi Bakers!!

Business By sarah5008 Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 3:31pm by sarah5008

sarah5008 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 1:13am
post #1 of 4

I contacted the HD about selling cakes out of my home kitchen. I have been doing it once in a while over the last couple of years, but now want to seriously start a business. However, due to finacial restraints (in the middle of my own wedding planning and remodeling our basement) I cannot afford to open a shop yet. Sadly it has been a week and I haven't heard back from the HD yet.

My question is this: does anyone in the state of WI know what licenses I need in order to do this? OR if I can even do it?


3 replies
jenmat Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 1:22am
post #2 of 4

In WI it varies by county. You may have to go down in person to the HD- they are notoriously understaffed.
In Brown, you can license, in Manitowoc, you need a shop. It varies, which can be frustrating. Good luck to you!

love2makecakes Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:17pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, like Jentreu said you need to check with your county. I also needed to clear it through my village/township as well. I personally needed a seperate commerical kitchen that is closed off from the rest of my home.

sarah5008 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much! I will start working on contacting Dodge county.

Quote by @%username% on %date%