Detroit Red Wings Logo On A Fondant-Covered Cake

Decorating By evasmama Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 4:40pm by evasmama

evasmama Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 8

I've promised my husband a Red Wings jersey cake for his upcoming birthday. What would be the best way to put the image on a fondant covered cake? I don't want to cheese it up with an edible image. I'd rather do something with icing.

He's particular and I want to impress him with something skilled. I've made the flying wing logo before in FBCT, but I'm not confident that it's something I could free-hand.

7 replies
leah_s Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 8

well, either cut it out of modeling choc with the Cricut, or do a FBCT

evasmama Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 8

I *wish* I had a Cricut. Not in the budget for this SAHM. FBCT works on a fondant covered cake?

DianeLM Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:12am
post #4 of 8

You could make a royal icing transfer. Or, if you really want to impress, cut out each piece of the logo and build it up.

Actually, if you REALLY REALLY want to impress, you'll make a Blackhawks jersey... but I digress... icon_wink.gif

Nacnacweazel Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:40am
post #5 of 8

DianeLM...You've got guts...but I LOVE IT!!! icon_razz.gif
I know it would be very time consuming, but I would cut out each piece individually and build the image on the cake. Then, I would use my quilting tool around the edges of the image to give it the look of being sewn on, just as it is on the jerseys. thumbs_up.gif

mirda6275 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:52am
post #6 of 8

this would take a while...but a sharp exacto knife, a light box (or an empty clear plastic tub turned upside down and some flashlights) and some fondant/gumpaste and you could cut out the image . Maybe make the outline of the image from gumpaste and do the detail work over it with Royal Icing?

and no, Diane,if she want to impress, it's not a Black Hawks jersey she needs to make, but a Pittsburgh Penguins one!

CHoxie Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 4:33pm
post #7 of 8

I created a BlackHawks logo for a Hockey jersey. I found the logo on-line, sized it, then used the print to create the outline of the logo on fondant. I used gel colors mixed with a little vodka and painted the logo onto the fondant. When finished, i mounted it on the finished jersey. It is in my pics.

evasmama Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 4:40pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHoxie

I created a BlackHawks logo for a Hockey jersey. I found the logo on-line, sized it, then used the print to create the outline of the logo on fondant. I used gel colors mixed with a little vodka and painted the logo onto the fondant. When finished, i mounted it on the finished jersey. It is in my pics.

This is kinda what I was thinking of doing. I like to paint and I think I could do that well enough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%