Chocolate Grooms Cake, My First....

Decorating By Rhonda19 Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 11:51pm by Occther

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 3

HI Everyone!
I have a rather unusual request to ask of you.. I was asked to make the groom's cake for my niece's wedding, and its my first!! and I'm nervous!!!

Its supposed to be a chocolate grooms cake ( 2 tiers ) I have looked in the gallery under chocolate grooms cakes, trying to get ideas, but since this is my first one, I'm having some trouble trying to decide about the decorations So, I was wondering if anyone has made a grooms cake that they were very proud of, and might be willing to post their pictures?? ( If its ok.... I didn't see anything in the rules about it )

I would be so appreciative, and if anyone has any other ideas or tips, I am all ears!!!

Rhonda

2 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 3

Generally, a groom's cake is personalized to the groom. What are his hobbies and interests? occupation? Are there any inside jokes that could be incorporated?

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:51pm
post #3 of 3

I have made simple to complex groom's cake. One of the first ones I did was just chocolate cake with chocolate icing with the topper of the bride pulling the groom. A recent one was just carrot cake with cream cheese with the groom pulling the bride. Bride is a good friend and she wanted a "divet" in the icing. I managed to get the icing coming through the bride's hands. Everyone who knew them understood the joke and got a good chuckle. (This was her first marriage and she is in her early forties. They have been dating for 4 years until he finally convinced her to get married.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%