Carrot Cake Help

Baking By noni12601 Updated 27 Apr 2010 , 5:38pm by brensmom12

noni12601 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 3

I need a recipe for carrot cake is there a WASC Carrot recipe , I need it to serve 200 people and how much should i charge and whats the largest cake pan i can use to make a big carrot cake ? Lots of questions can someone please help me out .Thanks in advance .

2 replies
prterrell Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 3

There *may* be a WASC version. If there is, it is most likely posted in the massive Gourmet flavors thread.

I do not use the WASC myself as I am a scratch baker. However, there are many very good scratch carrot cake recipes in the recipes section here and on recipe sites such as,,, and

From your post, it sounds like you want to bake a single tier cake. A 2-layer full sheet (18"x24") will give 216 1"x2"x4" servings, a single layer full sheet will give 108 2"x2"x2" servings, in which case you would need 2 cakes.

If you are wanting to make round cakes, a 4" high 16" diameter round cake gives 100 1"x2"x4" servings, so you would need to do two of those.

As for price, that is not something anyone can tell you. You will have to determine it yourself based on your costs (ingredients, supplies, gas to and from store, shipping charges, electricity/gas to run appliances, water usage, wear and tear on items and appliances, and the biggest cost: your time and how much it is worth to you) and how much profit you wish to make.

brensmom12 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 3

I am going to attempt the WASC Carrot cake recipe (from the gourmet flavors collection on here). I have never used it before, but have made the original WASC and chocolate WASC with great results, but have had a request for a carrot cake so I figure it sounds good so I'll try it! I plan to use white chocolate cheesecake filling with cream cheese icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%