Banana Flavored Buttercream

Baking By bupbup74 Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 7:02pm by bupbup74

bupbup74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bupbup74 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a recipe for a banana flavored buttercream that doesn't need to be refrigerated?

4 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 5

The only way you can make a banana flavored buttercream that doesn't have a short shelf-life due to bananas browning/spoiling so quickly is to use an artificial banana flavoring, such as LorAnn's oil. These flavorings can be added directly to the buttercream in place or in addition to the vanilla extract/flavoring.

DALIG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DALIG Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 5

yes use artificial banana flavor on your normal icing and that is all you need and its going to taste delicious, let me tell you that i love chocolate cake with banana flosting, you can get the banana flavor at walmart or your local store where all the artificially flavors are at, add one tsp. and that is it

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:11pm
post #4 of 5

See, now I cannot stand artificial banana flavor (even as a kid I would't eat it). I would make a banana cake and ice it with fudge frosting, instead.

bupbup74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bupbup74 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the suggestions. I really didn't want to use artificial flavoring, but it seems that may be my only choice since I can't refrigerate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%