Pricing A Rice Krispie Cake

Decorating By prissyjr Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 1:15pm by jones5cm

prissyjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prissyjr Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a rice krispie wedding cake soon. This one has all tiers of exposed rice krispies except 1 will be covered in fondant. I have no idea where to start pricing this thing vs. what I would normally charge a bride for a wedding cake. Any suggestions??

4 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 5

Good question. I've made one for my son because he doesn't like cake. I'd like to know the answer to this myself.

jones5cm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jones5cm Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 5

I personally don't think I would charge any different than a wedding cake...you're still doing the work, right??

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 5

I usually charge $0.50 less than my normal per serving price. Decorating takes me the same amount of time and materials, but the prep time with pans and clean up is a lot less for me with the rice krispy treats.

I make up about 4 batches of my recipe at once, then I form in a pan, pop out to dry and harden up and then fill the pan again. I can have 2 layers for one tier done in about 15-20 min, versus the minimum 60 minutes (depending on the size of the tier)

jones5cm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jones5cm Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones5cm

I personally don't think I would charge any different than a wedding cake...you're still doing the work, right??

BYW, this is coming from someone who has very little mark up anywayicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%