Pricing A Rice Krispie Cake

Decorating By prissyjr Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 1:15pm by jones5cm

prissyjr Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a rice krispie wedding cake soon. This one has all tiers of exposed rice krispies except 1 will be covered in fondant. I have no idea where to start pricing this thing vs. what I would normally charge a bride for a wedding cake. Any suggestions??

4 replies
mamawrobin Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 5

Good question. I've made one for my son because he doesn't like cake. I'd like to know the answer to this myself.

jones5cm Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 5

I personally don't think I would charge any different than a wedding cake...you're still doing the work, right??

leily Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 5

I usually charge $0.50 less than my normal per serving price. Decorating takes me the same amount of time and materials, but the prep time with pans and clean up is a lot less for me with the rice krispy treats.

I make up about 4 batches of my recipe at once, then I form in a pan, pop out to dry and harden up and then fill the pan again. I can have 2 layers for one tier done in about 15-20 min, versus the minimum 60 minutes (depending on the size of the tier)

jones5cm Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones5cm

I personally don't think I would charge any different than a wedding cake...you're still doing the work, right??

BYW, this is coming from someone who has very little mark up anywayicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%