Anyone Have Recipes For Scratch Bettercreme Or Frostin Pride

Baking By wrightway777 Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 4:25am by ceshell

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 3

I have to admit I skip over recipes if it calls for addition of either of these two since I love to make things from scratch and I am not familiar with either of their tastes or consistencies ....so...what recipes do you use to substitute these with?

2 replies
wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:19am
post #2 of 3

Ok..maybe my question should ask for "just let me know what are the consistencies" and I will compare it to what I currently have. Does FP crust? Is Bettercreme similiar to a cream horn pastry cream filling?

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 4:25am
post #3 of 3

Bettercreme and PP are frozen liquid nondairy whipped toppings that are stable at room temp once they've been whipped. They have the consistency of a thick whipped cream, since that's what they are meant to replace. Much like Cool Whip, but Cool Whip must stay refrigerated.

I prefer homemade treats with natural ingredients, but I must admit, Bettercreme tastes good and is so convenient when you aren't sure how the cake will be stored. Pastry Pride, IMO, has a weird, chemically aftertaste and leaves a film in my mouth, so I won't use it.

I can't recall if people were tossing around ideas for homemade Bettercreme in the Bettercreme Fun thread http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-601193.html so you may have to skim through all 8 million pages of that thread icon_wink.gif. People are often looking for a way to replicate it at home because it can be hard to find, yet they need a light, whipped icing that can sit out for hours or even days at a time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%