Help! Designer's Block, Need Inspiration!

Decorating By AnaToplin Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 6:32pm by AnaToplin

AnaToplin Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 3

Hello, all and thanks for reading: I was asked to do a Bridal Shower cake for a Garden Themed party. The bride wants a Teal color cake with butterflies and orchids, but does not want any pink or purple in the cake. She wants the cake to be the "ice breaker" or conversation piece. I have drawn up about five of my own sketches, and have looked throught the many beautiful designs on here- but I am feeling pressure b/c she wants it to be "the main event" so to speak. I was going for something simple and elegant. I was thinking 3 tiers with the teal going from dark to light from bottom up, small golden butterflies and white orchids. But not sure if that will be too simple. How do I incorporate the garden theme? Just with the orchids? I have asked for more imput from her, but I am not getting many answers and she says she trusts me creativity. OY! Any ideas, suggestions? The cake is for mid May so I have some time. But I'd like to be at peace with this. Thanks for any advice!!

2 replies
mayo2222 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 3

You may want to consider moving this thread to the Cake Ideas! section of the forum, you may get more responses there

AnaToplin Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks, Mayo2222, I thought I was, LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%