Birthday Cake For Father And Daughter

Decorating By Jo-melia Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 10:09pm by mama2_3

Jo-melia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jo-melia Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 4:26am
post #1 of 4

I want to make a cake for my Mum and her Dad, whose birthday's are the same day. I also want to try to mail it to them! icon_surprised.gif (mostly I want to see how the cake fares during postage!)
So, I'm thinking chocolate cake with ganache then fondant, will be fairly stable. I probably won't layer it at all. But, I'm having a really hard time with the design - It has to be fairly simple, as I'm posting it, not too girly or manly, or young or old! LOL
You can see why I'm finding it hard!!

Any ideas???
Also any tips on posting would be great, I know it's not the best idea, but I want to give it a shot!

Oh and it will only be small, but I'm sure most ideas are adaptable to any size anyway!

3 replies
mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 4

Do they have any shared interests? Maybe you could do something to do with the date of their shared birthday. Maybe some kind of reminder of a shared birthday in their past or a favorite memory between the two of them. Good luck!

Jo-melia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jo-melia Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 4

No shared interests, unfortunately! They live states apart, my Mum will down there visiting! Hmmm, the birthday memory sounds interesting, might have to ask Mum some questions!
Thanks!!!

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 10:09pm
post #4 of 4

It would be funny if she made her dad a birthday cake when she was younger and it was a disaster that you could re-create for them---it was dropped or the dog took a big bite of it or the frosting was a gross color. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%