Wilton Fondant Tastes Pretty Good Now!

Decorating By sugarshack Updated 25 Jun 2010 , 1:02am by LindaF144a

AngelinaMomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelinaMomof3 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 8:26pm
post #91 of 96

I'm new to fondant but we all really like the taste of the Wilton fondant. I can't keep my little girl away from it. If there is an extra scrap on the counter while I'm practicing she's got it in her mouth in no time.. My oldest has Autism and is very picky about what goes in his mouth but he tried the fondant and really loved it. The frosting and cake texture isn't agreeing with him right now so I was happy to know that if he wants cupcakes or something he'll be able to have it with the fondant on it.

nanawannabake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanawannabake Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 10:03am
post #92 of 96

I had to get some Wiltons a couple weeks ago, opened the package and then noticed a sweet aroma, tasted it and my goodness it was different. It was sweet and definitely will use it again. A secret - sometimes when my fondant was just not cooperating with me, I would get Wiltons and mix Wilton and mmf together (20/80) and it was great. The mmf cut down the chemical smell and taste. Can I ask what is white chocolate modeling chocolate and where would I get it? Is it the candy melts????

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:55pm
post #93 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanawannabake

Can I ask what is white chocolate modeling chocolate and where would I get it? Is it the candy melts????

Modeling chocolate is melted candy melts and cornsyrup/glucose. What's nice about making flowers and stuff out of modeling chocolates is that you don't have to keep it covered while working with it.

Here is the recipe:

http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Candy-Clay-1

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 3:07pm
post #94 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

Wendy gave me a blind sample (of Wilton fondant) a few weeks ago and asked what I thought it was and i guessed .

I bought a box and just tasted it. NO NO chemical smell or taste; just very sweet, a bit chewier than the others, still kinda firm, not bad at all! NOTHING like the old sftuff, IMO.

I am going to try it on a dummy tomorrow for performance and may try it on a cake this weekend.

If it performs well, our prayers may have been answered. We shall see!

I've been saying this for nearly a year and on one has taken me seriously. I guess you have to be a superstar to be credible 'round here! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

nanawannabake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanawannabake Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 6:04am
post #95 of 96

thin4life thanks for the quick response and link.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 1:02am
post #96 of 96

I'm revising this to say I finally got my hands on some fresh Wilton fondant at my local Michaels. It is super soft, not as hard as some of the other packages I got on the past. It tastes very good, nice and sweet. I am not a professional baker and use this sporadically. Now I'll be able to save my Michael's coupons and buy it instead of making my own.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%