One Happy Newbie!

Decorating By NerdyGirl Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 11:58am by NerdyGirl

NerdyGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NerdyGirl Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 2:26am
post #1 of 10

Tonight was our third Wilton 1 class. Besides figure piping, etc. our instructor had us do the fabulous Wilton rose! I've been really nervous about trying it, but once I got the base down, it was surprisingly easy! After the 5 petal row, I looked down at it and squealed, "It's so CUTE!"

I just had to gush/share. I'm excited about practicing tomorrow!

9 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 2:38am
post #2 of 10

I'm still no good at making them but it was cool to learn how. Congratulations and happy baking thumbs_up.gif

RheaCakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RheaCakeQueen Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 2:45am
post #3 of 10

You are lucky that you managed to sneak in before Wilton discontinues teaching that one. They are changing the classes after June 1... no more Wilton rose and no more clowns... I would definitely be bummed if I had missed taking the class and learning the rose.

Cheers!

tron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tron Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 2:51am
post #4 of 10

Congratulations!!! So sad to hear that they will be changing the class. Glad I start my classes next month!!!

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:01am
post #5 of 10

The wilton rose will still be taught just in the flowers course instead of the discover decorating course.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:02am
post #6 of 10

How can they stop teaching "the Rose"??? Isn't that what Wilton's pretty much all about? They use it in all their cake books and mention it all the time. I mean I can see getting rid of the clowns, those are horrible, the plastic heads about gave me nightmares, one of the women in my class said she was going to use that cake, clowns and all for her 9 year old son's birthday, I still feel so sorry for him and wonder how it went over or if he still get's teased by his friends. The Rose is feather in Wilton's decorating cap I just think it would be beyond foolish to discontinue it.

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:02am
post #7 of 10

I think they added more than they took away- I can't wait for the new classes to start!

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:05am
post #8 of 10

Congratulations on your success on the rose! Many people struggle with it for a while.

Wilton is not discontinuing the rose they just rearranged the courses and updated them in order to make learning the rose easier for most students. Honestly the changes to the curriculum are great.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:09am
post #9 of 10

wilton will have the ribbon rose in the decorating basics now. then in the flowers and cake design, the "wilton rose" will be taught with r.i. the ribbon rose will be on the same rose base as the b/c rose was.

NerdyGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NerdyGirl Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:58am
post #10 of 10

Oooh...thanks for the information on the course changes! By June, I'll be onto Course 3. Should be interesting! And thanks for the congrats. I was a little shocked that I did it. I tried to get a picture, but it didn't come out that well. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%