Rolling Pin Spacers??

Baking By Spectra Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 2:12am by glendaleAZ

Spectra Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:14am
post #1 of 5

So I want to buy these rolling pin spacers for my Wide Glide Rolling Pin I got from Wilton's. I want the 1/4 inch spacer is why. BUT the only place to buy it is online. I like going to CopperGifts and they have spacers, but they said it's for a 2 inch rolling pin, and apparently the Wide Glide Rolling Pin, that big white one I use for fondant, is 1 1/2 inch according to their website. So I'm wondering if anyone knows where to buy them for that roller or do I have to buy a new roller?

4 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:38am
post #2 of 5

You don't need to spend the $$ on those spacers, just use a yardstick and put that on either side. The wooden ones are about 1/4 inch thick and you can roll along the top of them (sort of like perfection strips.)

Spectra Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks! Never thought of that! A lot cheaper too! icon_smile.gif

online_annie Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 4:27pm
post #4 of 5

I too, use yardsticks! I learned that trick when I was working with PMC ( Precious Metal Clay ) I figured if I could use playing cards for the little only makes sense that I could use a yardstick for the bigger stuff. Works great!

glendaleAZ Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 2:12am
post #5 of 5

They have the spacers at Michaels, but I can't remember if they came with the rolling pin or if I had to purchase them separately.

I also use two long wooden dowel rods, one on each side of my fondant. I purchased the rods from Home Depot for around a buck. They even have different sizes to choose from.

And, just as a FYI
If you put too much pressure on the rolling pin, even with the spacers, you will flatten your fondant more than the size of the spacer, that's why I prefer my rods.

Quote by @%username% on %date%