Rum Cake

Decorating By Maluisa Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 11:31pm by newmansmom2004

Maluisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maluisa Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 3

I have a request for a rum cake for a 6 year olds birthday. Although I don't particularly care for that choice for a childs birthday and that is a slight concern. My main concern is; how well does a super moist rum cake stack. My design for this cake is stacked squares. I have done rum cakes before but only single layer. Also, if it has worked for you, have the cakes had any filling and how thick are your layers with or without filling.

Thanks for helping and any suggestions would be great.

2 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 3

I really don't know but I think stacking depends more on you support system than the kind of cake. I have to say that's an odd choice for a child's birthday cake icon_eek.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 3

Geez, Louise, who orders a rum cake for a child's birthday? Do they realize there's RUM in the cake??? icon_surprised.gif

OK, now that I have that off my chest - I've done whiskey cakes (same as rum cakes) and they are quite moist. If you plan to stack you better go with something like SPS because a cake round could just sink right into the bottom tier due to the moistness.

As for filling - any tropical fruit filling would be good - mango, coconut, pineapple or any buttercream with those flavors.

Why am I craving a pina colada??? icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%