Vent...is It A Full Moon Because

Decorating By cakemeasIam Updated 23 Apr 2010 , 2:19pm by Kitagrl

cakemeasIam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemeasIam Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 9

my in box is full of crazies today.

first, help me- a lady says she want s a princess castle cake can I fit her in, I say these are the dates I have around the bday. great...she says I need a cake to serve 12 people...okay, great. a castle cake for 12 people? really? ideas? ugh!!!

second, a client says i want this exact cake, i will send you the directions. its a 10 and 8 inch fondant , with polka dots and ribbons- adorable. give her the price...she flips - she only wants a cake for 25. (not really but doesn't want to pay) so now i am wondering what combination of cake i can give her ...( i posted last week my issue with deciding what size pan to use) ugh i am frustrated and i have a consultation at 530...not in the mood... thanks for listening.

8 replies
katies_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katies_cakes Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 9

A castle cake for 12? i would say i can do you a castle cake but it will serve X amount of people and you will have to pay for all the servings. or i can make you a smaller 1 layer non castle cake to serve 12. good luck!

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 9

Check this out...Looks like it would be for about 10-12, don't you think?

http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/pink-cupcake-castle-topper-2010-03-07.htm

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 9

Oh hey, cakemeasIam....just noticed you are in STL! I'm in SoCo.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 11:06pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissieCakes

Check this out...Looks like it would be for about 10-12, don't you think?

http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/pink-cupcake-castle-topper-2010-03-07.htm

I love that cake and I think you're right, looks like it would feed 10-12 to me.

cakemeasIam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemeasIam Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 10:51am
post #6 of 9

so the second part of this post--- the one that sent me a cake and how she wanted me to do it-

just sent me an email saying " i will just make the cakes, you can ice them- or better yet can you just make the fondant polka dots to go on the cake? how much will you charge? i wasn't wanting to spend that for a cake..."

i replied, sorry, but no thanks, good luck.

happy friday!!

Odyssey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Odyssey Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 1:58pm
post #7 of 9

There's one thing to be said for wanting grandma's old cake recipe... but if you are willing to do everything but the fondant dots why can't you just buy some of your own fondant and use a cookie cutter? People are insane sometimes, but at least it's amusing. ^-^

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 2:07pm
post #8 of 9

Castle for 10-12 people is do-able. You can use an 6" cake as the base and the giant cupcake cake into a castle with the turrets made out of RK. I think will serve 10-12, or possibly a little more....

Just an idea..HTH!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 2:19pm
post #9 of 9

I think its funny when a customer sends me a cake to copy from online and its from one of those "mom" sites and it gives me the betty crocker instructions on how to make it. icon_lol.gif

I'm like....if you wanna pay me $150 to follow these instructions instead of doing it yourself...its your problem. LOL.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%