Want To Go Home

Lounge By jayne1873 Updated 24 Apr 2010 , 2:03pm by jayne1873

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 13

Much as I have loved my holiday in Florida I want to go home now. We were due to fly home on saturday but have been delayed and they are saying we wont get a new flight until 1st May!!!!
I may have to buy some tins and stuff and make a cake out here as I am itching from not making one lol

12 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 13

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you trying to fly to Europe?

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 13

I'm sorry to hear that. That's a long time to wait. My mom and brother were just over for a visit and went back home (Europe) on Sunday. Just a few days later all the flights canceled. Can't control mother nature!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 13

Look in the phone book for 'used stores'...um... I think you call them resale or second hand shops.

You can find quite nice things for much cheaper there.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:50pm
post #5 of 13

I'm sorry you are stranded. If you were near me I'd invite you over and let you play with my stuff. icon_smile.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:19am
post #6 of 13

The first flights took off this afternoon!

jayne1873 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:55pm
post #7 of 13

Ah thanks for that Elsee. We have been told our soonest available flight is still 1st MAy icon_sad.gif looks like no extra flights will be put on

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 8:09pm
post #8 of 13

My son feels the same way- he is deployed with the Air Force in Abu Dhabi- and his return home has been pushed back due to the weather.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 11:25pm
post #9 of 13

So sorry that you are delayed in returning home. Here is to making the best of an unanticipated situation (who'd have ever thought that might happen?). Will keep you in my thoughts....

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 4:31am
post #10 of 13

If your in the Orlando area, I'll be at Aquatica tomorrow. That could kill a day for you. icon_wink.gif

jayne1873 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 1:31pm
post #11 of 13

Ooo we have been to Aquatica twice and loved it. Unfortunately our park tickets have run out now although we did get an extra free day there on Weds but the free offers have now run out. We are having to pay out for accomodation, car rental etc and not sure what we will get back from Airlines/insurance so its pool days and the beach from now on lol

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 2:00pm
post #12 of 13

ewww. Yeah, airlines can't pay out for everyone's expenses when mother nature gets goofy. They would all be bankrupt. The beach is the best! Wait till low tide and play in the tide pools. You can find the coolest stuff. If in Orlando there are some cake supply stores and 1 in kissimmee called www.fondantsource.com . There are neat outlet stores off of I 4 if you like to window shop. I'm in Melbourne but will be out of town the next few days or I would offer to accommodate you guys. Hope you get home safe and soon.
Amy

jayne1873 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 2:03pm
post #13 of 13

Ah bless you keonicakes. We are moving to another villa tomorrow so that will be a change of scene lol.
We will def try the beach x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%