Gold Cake????

Decorating By chimbabweep Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 8:28pm by yums

chimbabweep Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 2

hi my friend wants me to make her a gold cake. i have got silver edible paint terfly cake which i used in on my butbut it took 3 coats of the paint to make it proper silver and its just a small bottle. i would be there forever if i was to paint the cake gold with the same paint not to mention the bottles are very small so i would need lots of bottles.

Does anyone know of some i can use instead which is quicker? or what is the best paint. Avalible in the uk

the paint ive got is squiries kitchen 15ml..

xxx

1 reply
yums Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 2

I would color the icing/fondant a golden color, like mix a golden yellow with a brown. Then I would spray with luster dust.

Edible Sprays by Chefmaster
Adds a brilliant luster shine to almost anything. Including buttercream or fondant cakes, cupcakes, cookies, candies and even almond paste! Covers around twelve 8x3 cakes, 6 dozen standard cupcakes, 8 dozen 3 inch cookies or several pounds of bite size candies. Change the color depth by adding several coats, allow to dry between coats.
Due to Federal Regulations this product must ship parcel post only and can not be shipped internationally
SILVER Metallic Spray
#34-3635, 2 oz $8.25

GOLD Metallic Spray
#34-3615, 2 oz $8.25

PEARL Metallic Spray
2 oz. $10.50
34-3623

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%