For Those That Are Having Problems With Fridge Humidity...

Business By jenmat Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 5:25am by cupcakeology

jenmat Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 9

I may have found help, and wanted to share!
I was searching frantically after my BRAND new True fridge caused my cakes to weep, same as the old one (unless I put it in a box, and then the box was all damp.)

I came upon a chef's forum, and someone recommended Cooler King. I sent in an inquiry, and Henry, a very nice salesperson returned my call right away and is going to send me some free 30 day trials.

Apparently you stick these filters in the back of the cooler/fridge, kind of like a baking soda box, but bigger, and they take out the humidity. They also have littler ones for residential fridges called Polar Fresh.

They get changed every 3 months and are $60 for 2.

For me, this is well worth it.

(And yes, most of my cakes go in my cooler, most have perishable fillings/icings.)

Just thought I'd share with ya!

8 replies
jenmat Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 9

oh yes, and website is http:// coolerking .com/ without the spaces

TPACakeGirl Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 9

Let us know how they work out!!!

linstead Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 9

Just called to order some of these. The Polar Fresh filters are $19.99 plus shipping and get changed every 4 months. There are enough for about 1 year supply the lady who took my order tells me. The Polar Fresh are smaller to fit into home frigs. The Cooler Kings are larger and are usually attached to the ceiling of commercial refrigerators. Thanks Jentreu for the idea. will see how these work with fondant covered cakes (which always get sticky unless they are put into sealed boxes).

jenmat Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 9

Cool! Can't wait to see how yours work as well. Good to know the price is that reasonable.

tracycakes Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 6:43pm
post #6 of 9

Thank you for this! My True refrigerator is horrible with humidity. I have been going to get some food grade dessicant but this sounds better. I will definitely check it out. Even my buttercream cakes weep if they are not boxed.

mamawrobin Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 6:50pm
post #7 of 9

I'm going to order some myself. I don't often make a cake with a perishable filling but I'm happy to know that I can eliminate the humidity issuse when I do have to use my fridge.

Tracy, being in Arkansas I know how the humidity is here. Hopefully these will be exactly what you need thumbs_up.gif How's business since your changes?

ButtercupMama Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 4:59am
post #8 of 9

This sounds awesome! I actually roll a big ol dehumidifier from Sears into my walk-in sometimes, just to help take the edge off the humidity. I'm waiting for it to break, since I know a regular dehumidifier is not supposed to be run at that temp. But I didn't know what else to do! I will give this a shot for sure; thanks for the tip!

cupcakeology Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 5:25am
post #9 of 9

Thanks for the info!! It drives me crazy that our boxes get soggy and our cakes weep. We also have a True 3-door cooler. I can't wait to try these!

Quote by @%username% on %date%