Fondant Recipe

Decorating By fletcher77 Updated 6 Nov 2012 , 5:30pm by AlicesMadBatter

fletcher77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fletcher77 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 5

I am fairly new to cake decorating and really would like to try using fondant. Does anyone have a good fondant recipe?

I see where every thinks that Wilton's doesn't taste good and I really don't have the money to buy it just to learn on it so I thought I could make it.

Also does anyone have a good tutorial on how to cover a cake in fondant?
Thanks for all of your help. icon_cool.gif

4 replies
langranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
langranny Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 5

The marshmallow fondant (recipe on CC) is good. Sometimes it takes a few batches to get it just right, but I use it for everything. It takes 16oz. of mini-marshmallows, 1/4 cup water, 2 lbs of powdered sugar. I mix it in my KitchenAid mixer, but it works fine done by hand (although more work!) You will also need some shortening to rub on your hands while kneading the mixture. Here's the link: http://cakecentral.com/articles/105/mmf-how-to-decorate-cake-marshmallow-fondant

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 5

mff(michelle fosters fondant) recipe is on this site. everyone loves it. then mmf(marshmellow fondant )recipes is on this site.many love rhonda's ultimate mmf. aine2, a c/cer has a tutorial on youtube covering a square cake. which is great. planet cakes on youtube. showing how , and several others on youtube covering fondant cakes. and also satin ice is showing . great tutorials. hth

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 5

I LOVE Michele Foster's Fondant. I usually always make the white chocolate variation but this stuff is a very high quality fondant to be so inexpensive to make. I have made MMF but have never had the best results. I have never had any problems with Michele's receipe except the one time I didn't strain my gelatin mixture. Follow the receipe exactly as it's written and I guarantee you'll be blown away with your results icon_smile.gif

For workability and taste it is hands down the best fondant I've ever tried. Homeade or premade.

AlicesMadBatter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlicesMadBatter Posted 6 Nov 2012 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 5

Is there a link to Michele Foster's fondant recipe?  Thanks! I am looking for an alternative to MMF as it is too inconsistent for me. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%