Where Do You Buy Good Tasting Fondant And Cake Pans?

Decorating By scotton Updated 30 Jun 2014 , 1:29am by mario_1969

scotton Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 10

I am thinking about doing my 2 daughter's birthday cakes myself but I need to know where to get good tasting fondant and where can I get a good price? I'm a novice so I'm afraid to try and make my own.

Also, I am in need of a 6in cake pan; I have all the others I need. Where's the best place to buy stuff online?

9 replies
Caths_Cakes Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 10

Ebays great for pricing, Try Renshaw regalice, Tasty and good to work with, IF you can get renshaw shipped to where you are, Try satin ice. Ebay also does tins, if you dont trust ebay, Use a cake supply store online such as global sugar art

lyndim Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 10

Gobalsugar or Bakers Kitchen or your best bet. HTL

ibmoser Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 7:57pm
post #4 of 10

Global Sugar will have both fondant and cake pans at good prices with terrific customer service thumbs_up.gif . Satin Ice fondant is reasonably priced and had a good vanilla taste (or chocolate for the chocolate varieties).

Katie1985 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 10

are there specific brands that are good? i'd like to shop ebay for some deals but im unsure of which pans are good. thanks for the help!

kcassano Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 10

satin ice or fondariffic - both thru Globalsugarart.com. satin ice is more reasonably priced and the vanilla tastes good. the chcolate is really good - tastes like a tootsie roll.

KrissieCakes Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 8:29pm
post #7 of 10

Satin Ice from globalsugarart.com is a great deal (and taste)! As for pans, I have a mixture of Wilton, Magic Line, and Fat Daddio's. By far, the Magic Line pans are the best. They have perfectly straight (non-nesting) sides with crisp edges. Wilton are ok, especially for the lower price, but they are nesting pans so their sides are not perfectly straight up and down. I absolutely HATE my Fat Daddio's pans. Just my two cents!

lecrn Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 8:45pm
post #8 of 10

I've tried Satin Ice, Fondyx, and Fondarific. IMO, Fondarific has the best taste, but it's more expensive than the other two. I personally like the taste of Fondyx over SI and can get it cheaper. Just shop around @ the online suppliers (Global Sugar Art, www.fondantsource.com, Country Kitchen, Into the Oven) and see how has the best prices taking shipping into account. I find that I can get Fondyx the cheapest @ www.fondantsource.com compared to the other places listed, but it only comes in a 10pound tub.
I would get a Magic Line pan. Shop around @ the above resources for the best prices including shipping.

Katie1985 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:56pm
post #9 of 10

thanks so much for all the recommendations!!!

mario_1969 Posted 30 Jun 2014 , 1:29am
post #10 of 10

in case you guys are interested, 

Selling off Cake Decorating supplies etc...  due to health reasons...

Quote by @%username% on %date%