Cupcakes At A Funeral?

Baking By Beth51 Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 4:46pm by Beth51

Beth51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beth51 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 5

My lovely uncle has just died suddenly and I am thinking of doing a batch of cupcakes for the funeral in his beloved "Everton" football club colours (he's having the Everton theme played as his coffin is brought in to the crematorium). The family are having a traditional wake for him in a local pub so there will be a big buffet table. Do you think it would be appropriate to do cupcakes for this occasion? I am going to see his widow tomorrow and would ask her if she wouldn't mind of course but I'm not sure whether even to do this? Unsure as to whether it's inappropriate and would really welcome your advice/opinion?

Many thanks, Beth x

4 replies
ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 5

Absolutely! They are so easy to serve, perfect for that type of gathering.

PJ37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PJ37 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 5

We served Christmas Cookies at my mother's funeral...she died shortly before Christmas several years ago. We all had such good memories of going to her house and baking Christmas cookies that it became a tradition. So your idea of serving cupcakes in the team colors sounds great..bet your uncle would love it...

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 5

So sorry for your loss...I think it's a great tribute!

Beth51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beth51 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 5

Aw thank you so much everyone! It's decided then! I think my uncle WOULD have loved it! Take care, love Beth xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%